Certified Family Law Specialist
John Griffith has practiced exclusively in the area of family law since 2009. He is a Certified Family Law Specialist certified as an expert in the area of family law by the California Board of Legal Specialization.
Prior to opening Griffith, Young & Lass, he worked as the managing partner of one of the largest family law firms in North County San Diego.
John Griffth’s local family law practice has expanded quickly and his reputation for competent and ethical practice continues to grow as more and more residents of Carlsbad and North County experience the benefits of working with John and the entire team at GYL.
In his free time, he enjoys sports, skiing, and an occasional triathlon.
Educational and Professional Background
A graduate of the Georgia State University in 2003 where he earned his bachelor’s degree in Philosophy and Religious Studies, John Griffith then went on to attend law school in San Diego at Thomas Jefferson School of Law. He is a veteran of the United States Army and served an enlistment in South Korea.
John Griffith has extensive trial experience in all areas of family law practice and specializes in complex jurisdictional child support and child custody cases, as well as high-asset litigious divorce cases. He also provides divorce mediation services and is often successful in settling high-conflict divorces before they make it to the courtroom.
Memberships, Awards, & Associations
- San Diego Bar Association—Family Law
- North County Bar Association—Family Law
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- North County Family Law Specialists Group
- Voted to Super Lawyers List
- 2018 Certified Family Law Specialist
- 2016 National Academy of Family Law Attorneys Top 10 Attorney Award
- 2014 Top Contributor AVVO
- Pro Bono Honors Recipient—Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- 2-Year Member of the Alternate Dispute Resolution Competition Team
- United States Army Veteran
- Recipient: U.S Army Achievement Medal
- U.S. Army Commendation Medal
- Korean Service Medal