Prior to entering the study and practice of law, Mr. Raskin was a Special Operations Officer (EOD) in the United States Navy. He graduated at the top of his classes in diving and defeating all explosive devices. He planned and conducted numerous missions in support of the United States Secret Service protection of the President, and other VIPs. He received combat decorations in Operation Desert Storm and retired as a Commander from the United States Navy Reserve in 2014.
In law school, he earned several awards for academic excellence and outstanding advocacy, including the Order of the Coif, San Diego Law Review, Merit scholarships, “Child Advocate of the Year (2000)” by The Child Advocacy Institute, and academic awards in subjects such as: Intellectual Property, Civil Procedure, and Child Rights and Remedies.
– United States District Court, Southern District of California
– State Bar of California (Family Law Section)
– San Diego Family Law Bar Association
– Top Lawyers in San Diego – Family Law, Semi-finalist (2006, 2008, 2013)
– Child Advocate of the Year (2000)
– Presenter, “Judges’ Orientation Program for New Attorneys – Family Law” (Sponsored by San Diego County Judges & the San Diego Bar Association 2012, 2013, & 2014)
– Author, “Representing Military Members in Domestic Violence cases under The Lautenberg Amendment” – Trial Bar News, March 2009
– Author, “Words Create Prejudice” – Trial Bar News, October 2007, Vol.30 Issue 8