Reasons to involve a domestic violence attorney include but are not limited to:
- Destroying your personal property
- Threatening or intentionally scaring you
- Forcing sex and/or refusing to use protection
- Stalking or closely monitoring your every move
- Using the threat of weapons to intimidate or scare you
- Controlling what you wear, who you see, and where you go
- Intentionally jeopardizing your performance at work or school
- Forcing you to do something you don’t want to, like using drugs
- Preventing your from attending work, school, or other obligations
- Discouraging, or downright preventing, you from seeing family and friends
- Threatening to hurt, kill, or otherwise harm your friends, loved ones, or pets
- Embarrassing or shaming you in front of friends, family, or while out in public
- Controlling your money and expenditures to the point of counting every penny
Please note that this is not a comprehensive list. Domestic violence takes many forms—physical, mental, psychological, and emotional—all of which can be incredibly damaging, if not deadly. Don’t wait for it to get worse before reaching out for help.
Domestic violence can be found in every gender, race, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation, and economic status. If you were abused, there is NO shame in seeking help. We will be here to support, guide, and protect you at every step of the way. Contact GYL online or by dialing: (858) 371-5569.
If you’ve already been attacked, seek medical attention from your doctor or hospital emergency room as soon as possible. During your visit, ask the staff to photograph your injuries and keep detailed records in case you decide to take legal action.
We’ll Help You File a Restraining Order and Take Legal Action Against Your Abuser
Our Carlsbad domestic violence lawyers at GYL promise to make you and your family’s safety our number-one priority. Domestic violence should be reported immediately, and we can help you do that if you haven’t been able to yet. We will also help guide you and your family along the path to recovery, and ensure your legal protection along the way.
In cases where you need immediate legal help, we can accommodate same-day appointments. We will also make ourselves available after hours—including nights and weekends—if that’s the safest and easiest time for you to meet with our team. We want to help you through this, and we are prepared to do everything in our power to keep you and your loved ones safe.